Each year GSI donates thousands of dollars to dozens of charitable organizations supporting our local communities. GSI matches the donations of our employees, up to a certain dollar value, on an annual basis and during times of crisis. We have supported Rice University's chapter of Engineers without Borders for nearly 20 years by donating money and mentoring students to help support communities in developing countries.
In addition to the human community, GSI understands how important environmental stewardship is to the natural environment. All of our offices abide by the following practices:
- Reduce use of paper by providing electronic deliverables, when possible;
- Reduce paper by printing on both sides of the page;
- Use recycled paper, when possible;
- Install motion-sensor lights to reduce electricity when the room is not in use; and
- Utilize energy saving modes when computers are not in use.